So happy you are here. Please read, comment and follow along

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Viva Ecuador



Ecuador it is.

A week has gone by and I’m happy to say that so far I’ve seen the University I’ll be teaching at, spent 20 hours on a bus, bought a cell phone, learned to Ecua-wine in order to get what I want, watched a man eat fire, saw Ms. Ecuador, tried French fry soup, caught a glimpse of Jefferson Perez, national speed walking champion and have been tempted by many a grilled pig street food vendors.

I am spending the year in Ecuador and will be teaching English at the University of Cuenca. I don’t know much more than that as my director is on vacation and my meeting with the Director of the Dean of the Philosophy department leads me to believe I will be the thesis advisor of English teachers rather than the beginning level English instructor of adolescent girls.

This uncertainty leaves me feeling balanced and provides my life with much meaning.

As I try to make sense of things I will write. So, feel free to read a long, skim, look at pictures as you like.

I know last year people were pretty timid about commenting on my blog while I was in Bolivia, but I’m all about diversity of opinion and I certainly am not holding my tongue, so you shouldn’t either.

No comments: